Thursday, April 28, 2011

Peace Through the Storms of Life

  What a great time to right out about this topic. My sincere prayers go out to everyone across the U.S (or elsewhere) who are having severe weather this week. For the first time today, my school went through a real tornado warning. We had always gone through drills but we had never predicted that we might be in one for real. Students were lined up against the walls and everyone was scared. I had a good talk with God through this time. With 173 (I think) deaths across the southeastern United States this week, I will admit, I was scared for my life! I prayed to God and less than a minute after I finished talking to God our tornado warning turned into a tornado watch. I was relieved! As soon as our principal came over the intercom and said that I prayed to God and said Thank you!!!! I was so scared but MY God had taken care of ME! We experience storms every day. No, not necessarily weather related storms, but storms in our life. Turn on your TV and watch your local news channel. These are just some of the storms. The devil is trying his hardest to shake our faith and make us fall and sin. You have to hold on to God! Even if you do fall, he will reach out his hand and help you back up.  God is always there and he is watching out for us. Hebrews 13:5 says 'Never will I leave you; never will forsake you.' I want to encourage everyone to pray for anyone experiencing storms right now. God bless you all and have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment