First, He is the head. Basically, He is the one in charge! The head is essential to the life of the body. Who is the body? Well, the church is the body! 1 Corinthians 12:27 says, "Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." The head contributes alot to the body. It gives us....
- Direction...Ephesians 5:1 says, "Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children."
- Goals and Plans...James 4:14-15 says, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
- Usefulness...Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
- Existence...1 John 5:12 says, "Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life."
- He is the beginning. He started it all! Jesus was the beginning of the church. Matthew 16:18 says, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." He died to purchase the church! John 10:11 says, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
- He is the firstborn. The word prototype means the original or model on which something is based or formed. Jesus was first to die, be buried, and rise again to never die. Jesus will not be the last! He was like a prototype. What happened to Jesus Christ will, sooner or later, happen to us!
God bless all who read this and have a wonderful week!