Monday, June 20, 2011

A Special Father's Day Post

   My fathers have taught me so much. Yes, my two fathers. They would be my earthly father AND my heavenly father. I believe that God put earthly fathers on earth to...
1. Love their children
2. Discipline their children
3. Teach their children
4. Lead their children
   **Love their children... Psalm 103:13 says, "As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him."
   **Discipline their children... Hebrews 12:7 says, "Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons.  For what son is not disciplined by his father?" Proverbs 3:11-12 says, "My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline,  and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in."
   **Teach their children... Proverbs 23:22 says, "Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old."
   **Lead their children... Proverbs 4:11-13 says, "11 I instruct you in the way of wisdom 
   and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; 
   when you run, you will not stumble.  Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; 
   guard it well, for it is your life."

   My heavenly father and my earthly father have both shown me most importantly...how to love.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8


I hope you all will take time to thank God today for your father, and for Him being a great father too! He sent his one and only Son to die on the cross just so he could call us his children! How great is our God!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment